(Suggestion) Limit RPG points gifting

• Surf + RPG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• (Suggestion) Limit RPG points gifting

Hi everyone.

Recently on the Surf RPG DM server one of the top 10 highest lvl players decided to stop playing for a while and so gifted his points (1000) to the 2nd highest lvl player. And now that player is kinda overpowered with 475 HP and a few other skills maxed out.

It's not that big of a deal since he can still be killed and relatively often is (as opposed to other Surf RPG servers where I've seen players with 900 HP often with a kdr of 100+ kills and 0 deaths.) And because I hear the levels will reset soon anyway. But I still think some kind of limit would make it the game overall fairer, such as a player can only receive 100 points via gift per day, or only a certain amount depending on the player or something like that.

Anyway, as I said I don't think it's that big of a deal and these are just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.
      "[Men] educated in [the critical habit of thought] … are slow to believe. They can hold things as possible or probable in all degrees, without certainty and without pain." -William Graham Sumner
    • Hi leifus.

But that's not the issue. As I said, I agree that it's still very much possible to kill him, though slightly more difficult. I think the gifting system itself is flawed. For example, since the first few points are easier to get, if I wanted to I could buy a few CS:GO copies, create new Steam accounts using them, play a bit on each and then gift all the points to myself.

And how much experience do I get for killing this guy? Because if it's dependent on his level, I won't get as much even though he is virtually twice as strong than he should be at his level.

Anyway, people rarely give that many points away, so it's not that big of a deal.
      "[Men] educated in [the critical habit of thought] … are slow to believe. They can hold things as possible or probable in all degrees, without certainty and without pain." -William Graham Sumner
    • It's your own money you'd throw away by buying multiple csgo copies.
      The gifting system actually was worse before - there was no minimum level you have to reach until you can gift credits to others. Some guys found out and repeatedly reset their stats to receive their first 10 starting credits just to gift it to someone and reset their stats again right away.

The received experience is dependent on the victim's level only. I see one should also take the received credits into account. I'll think about an efficient way to track if people have (spent) more credits than they should on their level.

Also limiting the amount of credits someone can receive per day seems like a good idea.